May 24, 2007

Hangman's Hymn process

sigh - hangman's hymn cover

In January I was working on the artwork for the upcoming Sigh record. Above is the final cover, and the record should be released sometime in the next month or two, at which point I'll post up the rest of the artwork, but I thought in the meantime I'd show some of the process of constructing the cover.

garage photoshoot

I am by no means a photographer, but I did my best to set up this garage to suit my needs, and it ended up working out.

final cover photos

There was no one around to assist me, and time was short, so I had to act as both photographer and model. The robe was made out of some sheets and the head cloak is just a pillowcase with some clips in the back to help it hold the proper shape. I couldn't see a thing and it was freezing out. These are the 3 shots I used to put together the cover. The wall on the cover is a shot of the garage floor with some old iron railing designs laid in.

goofing around
goofing around
goofing around
goofing around
goofing around
goofing around

After I got the shots I needed, I took some other pictures just messing around. Once I have time I want to make some spoof covers for the guys in the band. I've done their last 2 records and they are always so easy to work with. These photos are inspired by some great altered Immortal band photos where they are in full black metal regalia, posing hard, holding giant a giant toothbrush, toothpaste tube, and floss. If I can find the photo I'll post it up. It's hilarious.

Related Links:
» Sigh
» ridiculous black metal photos

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home