April 11, 2007

Lego-mania!

legoman lamp
legoman lamp

I've been wanting to get away from the computer more, so I've been drawing, painting and doing more hands-on stuff in general, though I haven't broken out my model kits just yet. But anyways, here is the Lego man lamp that I gave to my girlfriend, who is (suprise), into Legos. I actually made this for Christmas, and it proved to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be. Lego doesn't make giant Lego heads, so I drew up plans to build my own. A Lego head is super-simple, but the challenge was actually finding the wood. I used fence-posts of varying diameters, but since December isn't really fence season, finding usable ones, let alone ones at the appropriate sizes, took some detective work. After enough back alley meetings and bizarre phone conversations to make me feel like I was doing something illegal, I got on with it. Power tools, painting, shade decoration, assembly and there you have it! The images on the shade are actually original German Lego catalog covers. Merry Christmas - 4 months late.


Related Links:
» Lego Land

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home